Tuesday, September 22, 2009

11 Weeks Update

Hi everyone! First, I would just like to thank all of you for your congratulations and well wishes. It means so much to us that everyone is just as excited as we are!!

So, nothing too exciting the past few weeks going on except that I gained my fist .7lb last week. At first I was a little disappointed because I just spent the last 9 months taking off 37 pounds, but Kyle shook me back into reality. So, now I just look at the bright side and think, now that's 37 more pounds I don't have to lose after the baby comes! Seriously though, every time I think about what's growing inside of me, I literally smile-so I know it can't be that bad. :)

Now that I'm thinking about it, the past few weeks has been a time for mini-breakdowns. I started crying one day because all of a sudden I was terrified I wasn't going to be a good mom because I heard that they're opening a Harry Potter Land at Universal Studios and I was totally excited and planned on telling Kyle, once the baby was a little older, we have to go! Then that got me thinking, should I not want to do things like that? It seems kinda juvenile. And hence, the break down. I realized I still like, wait make that love, going to the zoo, riding rides, playing games, watching cartoons, and sometimes just acting like a kid myself. Surely if I felt this way, I wasn't ready to be a mom. Then Kyle, my amazingly grounded husband, told me that because we still like doing these things, it's going to make us great parents. Then logic came back to me and I realized he was right. What would I do without him?!

That's about it with what's been going on lately. I can't wait for our next appt, which is October 7, when we can hear the baby's heart beat again. Now, before wrapping up with a little picture and overview of what the baby looks like right now, I would just like to ask all of you who read this to keep Larry, Kyle's dad, in your thoughts and/or prayers. He's been really sick lately, going in and out of the hospital, and we need him to get healthy so he's ready to chase a grand-baby around! So, we would really appreciate it if you would all do that, and thank you in advance!

OK, so here is what our little guy/girl? is doing this week:
fetal-development-images-11-weeks.jpgYour baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

Thanks everyone for reading and we love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Let me start by saying...I love Kyle! He IS a grounded guy isn't he? And he is 100% right! That is going to make you an even BETTER more FUN parent! Let us know when you first feel movement!!!! Love you guys with all my heart and I cannot wait to see you!

    Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete