Thursday, September 10, 2009

9 Weeks and the Baby's 1st Picture!!

Wow! Well, if there were any doubts still in my head about being pregnant, they have completely vanished now. Kyle and I both went down to get my first ultrasound done today and words truly cannot describe how we felt. I know that, personally, I was not completely sold on the idea I was pregnant-even with all the symptoms! I think it was some weird psychological way of my brain guarding me in case it all ended up being a big mistake and I wasn't pregnant after all. That would've devastated me. So, I just kept my guard up this whole time, but it is completely gone now. There really is a baby in there!

Seriously though, today was one of the most unbelievable days of my life! As the nurse was showing us the baby, Kyle was stroking my arm, and I was trying my hardest to not erupt in sobs. I think the point that tested my will power to not cry (too hard) the most during the ultrasound was when the baby started waving it's arms around. I don't know why, but that action was like, oh my gosh, there is a little human being in here and he's moving around voluntarily! It seriously brings me to tears thinking about it right now. We also got to hear the little one's heart beat which was amazing--and so fast! So, now the plan is an appt every 4
weeks to check my health and the baby's heartbeat, however, the next ultrasound won't be until I'm at 20 weeks, which is also when we get to find out the sex!

The nurse printed out 3 pictures which I am so happy to share with you all. I hope you e
njoy them! Oh, and as a side note, as soon as the nurse walked out of the room, I completely broke down in Kyle's arms into uncontrollable sobs :-) It was a great day!

OK, so in the pictures (the baby is facing the camera), the round part on the right is the head and the oval part on the left is it's body (the legs are tucked in). The 2 little circles on either side are the little arms buds.

7 comments:

  1. As I wipe away my tears......I am so happy for you two!!! It really does seem more real now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...that's my little great grandbaby in there. I can't help but shed tears of joy. Congratulations you two...Gramma loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, you guys, I am so happy for you! I can't imagine two people more deserving to be parents than you two. <3 Congrats on the peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *tear*
    I love you!
    *tear*

    Aunt Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. *tear, tear* miracle of life!! So awesome. You are going to be the best pregnant person ever. Love you guys, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you two!! Couldn't be more happy for you. It is an answer to prayer. Your grandma shared with me you have been trying to get pregnant. Love you, aunt barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. --Oooo! It's a baby! Exciting...

    ReplyDelete