Monday, November 30, 2009

It's A Girl!!

So, we went in for our 20 week ultrasound and the technician said she's about 80% sure that our little one is a girl. It was sort of hard to tell because, like a lady, she was sitting with her ankles crossed. More importantly however, she is completely healthy and is developing right on schedule. To be honest, I was looking forward to hearing that more than anything. The experience was so amazing though. We got a good look at her face for a while and could see her yawn and suck her thumb. She looked very relaxed in there with one arm behind her head (which is how I sleep :) ) and sucking her thumb. Kyle's reaction to see her little face was so cute. He was just amazed. It was so different from our first ultrasound at 9 weeks where the baby just looks like a blob of stuff; now we got to see eyes, a nose, a mouth-just incredible!

So, this will be a short blog entry, but before I wrap up with posting the pictures, a quick update: Kyle's dad and step-mom are doing good in Minnesota (thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!) and the Mayo Clinic is really getting everything in line for a transplant. We still have a ways to go until he's healthy, but everything is finally heading in the right direction.

Also, I have another, regular, doctor's appt. on December 7 just to do a quick check=up. In fact, I believe after this one, we'll start moving into once every 2 week appt.'s rather than the once every 4 weeks right now. On top of that, Kyle and I will be leaving that same day for our baby-moon to Disneyland. We're so excited and I'll post some pictures once we get back. So, that about does it. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and here are some pictures...

1st Picture is of the baby's face. You can see it's eyes, nose, and mouth, and a little arm bringing her hand to her mouth.
2nd picture is a profile picture where you can see one of her feet.
3rd picture is looking up at her little butt and below that, you can see where her little feet are crossed.

1

3 comments:

  1. Everytime you post on here, I blubber like a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here!!!! JUST AMAZING!!! Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley! This is Kyles cousin Vicci. Congratulations on your baby girl! That is super exciting!! Having a girl is sooooo much fun!! I wanted to let you know that I have a few girl items that I have from both of mine that I never even used that I would like to give to you...one are some receiving blankets and an outfit too I believe. They grow faster than you can cloth them!! Let me know your address or how I can get them to you. It's not much but every bit helps! Hope your feeling good and enjoying your baby, this is the closest you will ever be to her!! Take care! Oh ya, my email address is mvhunt@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete