Monday, May 30, 2011

Is it funny or sad that children songs get stuck in my head all day?!

Funny thing:  As I'm sitting here watching Toy Story 3, I realize that throughout my days, about 90% of the songs that get stuck in my head are from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Veggie Tales.  I guess that shows what music is playing in our house most of the time.  Anyway, I notices that this weekend while humming "Where is my Hairbrush" and thought I would share it.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend.  I just want to say that in this house, we are so thankful for all the sacrifices that our soldiers and their families make to keep us safe.  It's crazy to think that my little cousin (well, not really little-just in my mind) is going to Boot Camp this week.  My prayers go out to him and my Aunt.  I love you guys so much!

We had a fun and busy Memorial Day weekend.  Madison and I went to the mall with Grandma and Uncle Tor.  We didn't stay too long though since our little Buffalo (one of our many nicknames for Madison) was not in a great mood.  Sunday morning, Madison and I went to church with her other uncle, Christopher.  Now this expedition has a bit of a story.  So, we've only brought Madison to church twice with us (Christmas and Easter) and she was young enough to sit in our lap and just fall asleep.  However, she's getting to the age that socially with other kids would definitely be a good thing and I really want her raised in church and Sunday school like my brother and I were.  Anyway, I decided that it was time to put Madison in the child care center at the church while I went to the service.  I knew it would be good for her and it was only for an hour.  However, I was a ball of nerves.  Besides Kyle and I, Madison has only ever stayed with her 2 Grandma's.  I was expecting to take her in there and that she would start screaming once I went to leave.  However, to my pleasant surprise, I took her in there and she automatically started to play with some toys.  I thought, this is good.  So, I kissed her on the head, and told her bye.  As I looked back, still no crying--from her at least.  I don't know what it was, perhaps leaving her with someone I didn't know, but I broke down.  For some reason, it felt like she just grew up a little more right then.  So, shaking and trying to conceal my crying, I found Chris and other family friends (the Turners/Lingfords) and sat down.  I couldn't believe it, but her number never flashed on the screen (they assign numbers to each kid so if they're freaking out, they put the number up on a little screen in the church and the parents know to go get them).  Breathing a huge sigh of relief after church dismissal (to be honest, I didn't get much of the message that was preached this time) I went to pick up my Buffalo.  I went in there and she was being rocked by one of the ladies in the nursery clutching a Mickey Mouse.  Smiling to myself, I thought, of course she found the only Mickey Mouse in the nursery (he is her absolute favorite!).  However, the lady said that Madison was real quite and was good except she stole this Mickey Mouse from another baby!  So, it was a little embarrassing, a little funny, and also a huge relief that everything went well (for the most part).

Madison + Killian = BFF


Loving the swings.
Sunday evening we went over to my mom's house and had an AMAZING Tri-tip dinner.  We rounded up the long weekend by going to the park with Andy, Killian, and Alaura.  It was the 1st time Madison actually had fun at the park.  She was crawling up the little stairs to try to get to the slides and walking around holding my hand.  However,  Madison definitely needs to learn how to share (hence the story above).  Poor Killian was just trying to play with toys that she wasn't playing with when at that moment Madison decided she needed to play with them.  And Killian, being the sweetheart he is, gave them back to her with no fuss!    For those of you who do not know, Andy has been my best friend (and man-of-honor in our wedding) since we were in the 5th grade.  So, it is so fun to see our babies grow up together like we did.
Andy and I at our 8th Grade graduation.

So, I would like to end this post by just saying how thankful I am for wonderful family, amazing friends, an incredible husband that works so hard so I can stay home with Madison, and of course, again, our troops for making my life what it is!!

PS: Our life is not all sunshine and strawberries.  I'll post about our teething pains next post.  I just thought this one was getting a little long :)

4 comments:

  1. First off, your adorable and I love your mom blog. Second, I have caught myself humming the theme to wonder pets or blues clues many times so don't feel bad. Killian had a great time with Maddison at the park, he is starting to own that place so once he gets over his fear of the slide we need a picture of them both going down. Hope it gets sunny soon so we can have a pool & bbq day! See you soon fwiend!: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thank you for your reasurrance! It's so fun to see them playing together and we'll hopefully get some slide pictures next time. I definitely think we need a lot of BBQ's this summer and Madison got a small slide for her b-day-we just haven't put it up yet. I love you fwend and I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny, you were the one that ends up crying and she finds her favorite snuggly (mickey) What a nice relief though, now you get to enjoy your messages at church, just so long there's no tug~a~war with mickey mouse.

    ReplyDelete